Cescor UK, built on the heritage of Cescor srl in Milan, with its extensive project portfolio of long-standing and successful relationships developed over 25 years at the forefront of the Oil and Gas and Energy industries, is recruiting for a corrosion and materials engineer, capable of delivering project work in accordance with technical procedures and international normative within an agreed schedule and budget. The candidate engineer shall have a materials and corrosion related experience of at least two years, working for the oil and gas industry (subsea, offshore, onshore). A strong background in metallurgy and corrosion is essential.
- Preparation of corrosion assessments and material selection reports for oil and gas assets (conceptual and detailed design)
- Identification and ranking of various corrosion and cracking mechanisms for pipelines, flowlines, risers for a given environment
- Ensuring equipment compliance with ISO 15156/NACE MR 0175 sour service requirements
- Review and approval of procedures and technical specifications for materials, welding, coatings (MPS, WPS, APS)
- Contribute to preparation of technical proposals
- Management and development of relationship with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in materials, corrosion, welding or another relevant engineering discipline (essential)
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering discipline (desirable).
- Experience of applicable international normative – NACE, ISO, ASTM, DNV, etc.
- Good understanding and knowledge of metallurgical processes for qualification and production of metallic equipment such as linepipe, forging, fittings in accordance with API 6A, API5L, DNV-OS-F101, ISO 3183, DNVGL-RP-0034
- Good understanding of welding engineering processes and familiarity with key codes (ASME IX, EEMUA 158, DNV OS F101 etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding and adherence to quality and environmental procedures (including ISO 9001/ISO 14001)
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement and problem-solving skills
- IWE/EWE qualification for welding engineering (desirable)
- Coating qualifications to NACE, ICORR, FROSIO or equivalent (desirable)
At least two years of oil and gas related experience working as a materials/corrosion engineer.
Job title/Work schedule
Corrosion and Materials Engineer (full time – staff position).
Chiswick – London (estimated travel time requirement within UK or abroad to not exceed 15% of work-time).
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Balanced and positive working environment
- Development opportunities
- Involvement in challenging projects.